Was your pet recently stolen?
Get a scan of the dark net for hidden pedigree sales! Report in 48 hours.
Critter Cops helps break theft ring
and save Muffy
Read more here
We offer this service in the following Countries;
USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia & New Zealand.
With a huge underground market for stolen pets growing dramatically each year, Critter Cops are not afraid to get down and dirty and fight the problem head on. At least 10% of all lost pets are stolen and as a worldwide company, we feel an obligation to be catalysts for reducing this figure.
So how are we doing this? Critter Cops understands how theft rings work, and how stolen pets are distributed throughout their vast networks. We have spent countless hours gaining anonymous access to dark net sites where theft rings attempt to sell stolen pets illegally.
Dark Net (or Darknet) is an umbrella term describing the portions of the Internet purposefully not open to public view or hidden networks whose architecture is superimposed on that of the Internet. They are the ''black markets'' of the internet, not indexed by search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. These are networks that are only available to a select group of people and not to the general internet public, and only accessible via authorization or specific software and configurations.
Unfortunately, law enforcement do not have the capabilities to monitor illegal pet sales as the darknet has so many other illegal activities seen as a higher priority for investigators above pet theft.
But Critter Cops is on the case!
If you would like to have our team scan the darknet for possible matches to your stolen pet, simply fill in the form and we will provide you with a report within 48 hours.
If you are unsure if your pet was stolen, here are the most common theft indicators you may want to consider..
* If you pet is a pure bred (not a mixed breed)
* If your pet is friendly to strangers
* If your pet is still able to breed
* If your pet is one of the top 10 most common breeds for theft (Labrador Retriever, German Shepherd, Pit Bull, Labradoodle, Chihuahua, French Bulldog, Boston Terrier, Maltese, Pomeranian or Yorkshire Terrier)
* If your pet is young
* If your pet went missing under suspicious circumstances
* If you have noticed any unusual markings around your property such as some paint on your fence or some material (thieves often mark targeted properties)
* If your pet is large enough to be used for fighting purposes
* If your pet has a high resale value
* If any strangers have recently taken an interest in your pet